The lack of access to mental health treatment parallels staggering increases in homelessness, opioid drug addiction, incarceration, and suicide. Here are my health priorities.
- Expand access to mental health resources across the state and in our schools
- Provide supportive housing for recovery from addiction, homelessness and incarceration
- Expand health care options in rural Colorado
- Promote health and wellness in schools, including access to outdoor education
- Provide quality affordable health care for all
Behavior Health Transformational Task Force Assignment:
House Speaker Alec Garnett has appointed me to serve on Colorado’s new Behavioral Health Transformational Task Force, which will allocate money from the American Rescue Plan Act to make mental health care more accessible in our state. Senate Bill 21-137 sets aside $450 million of ARPA funds for behavioral health investments.